By Miguel Maravilla
Following his victory Saturday night, undisputed lightweight champion Devin “The Dream” Haney talked about defeating three-division world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko.
- “The bodywork is what won me the fight tonight. I knew I had to invest in the body. I was breaking him down. He was fighting in spurts. He had some good moments during the round but he wasn’t finishing the round strong.”
- “At the end of the day, people can say what they want to say, but the only thing that matters is what the judges had.”
- “How much more do y’all want me to prove? I have been at 135 since I was 16 years old. I will probably move up.”
- “I fought a different fight than you guys ever saw me fight. I took it to him, hurt him to the body, showed my versatility. I feel like I definitely proved myself that I am one of the best fighters in the world. I’m #1 pound-for-pound.”
- “Me and Shakur are on a collision course either at 135 or 140 or 147. We are definitely gonna get it on when the time is right.”
Follow Miguel on Twitter @MigMaravilla