Adrien Broner hit with restraining order

By TMZSports.com

Former four-division world champion Adrien Broner has been ordered to stay away from social media star Andrew C. Caldwell after making a video implying he would shoot Caldwell in the face if he made a pass at him. Caldwell filed a request for a temporary restraining order against the boxer Thursday morning in St. Louis — which was granted by a judge. Broner must stay at least 500 feet from Caldwell.

Broner threatened to “punch the testosterone” out of Caldwell earlier this week — claiming Andrew had been contacting him online in an attempt to hook up. Caldwell has said Broner was the initiator.

Broner denied that — and posted a “P.S.A.” video online in which he threatened to shoot ANY gay person in the face who tried to make a pass at him … saying he’s aggressively homophobic.

Caldwell took the video as a personal threat — and in court docs obtained by TMZ Sports, he wrote, “[Broner] says on social media that he coming to St. Louis to kill me.”

The judge felt Caldwell had a reasonable fear and granted the temporary order — which also requires both Broner and Caldwell from posting bad things about each other on social media.

A hearing on the matter is set for April 1 — where a judge will decide if the restraining order should be extended.

DAZN to double monthly price
Kingpin on ESPN+ Saturday afternoon

Top Boxing News

>